The opening lines and therefore the title might have given you a general idea of what we’re close to delve into.India is the land of mystery, tradition and culture. Over the years, our nation has witnessed events whose obscurities remain unsolved to the present date. And one such mystery is that of Kuldhara India’s MOST haunted village, a little village situated within the Jaisalmer district of Rajasthan. Abandoned since the first 19th century, Kuldhara has been uninhabited since then. Countless theories have cropped up over the years regarding the rationale for abandonment. A number of them are believable, others superficially counterfeit. But the very fact of the matter remains that its secret is yet to be outthrown and reveled . Today, The History Bro bring to you Kuldhara India’s MOST haunted village. A village lying lifeless within the sandy deserts of Rajasthan. A village abandoned since a century. A village, cursed by an epidemic .
The Shadow Cast & the History Begins from here!..
- About 200 years ago, Kuldhara was an active place, bubbling with its equally happy residents. In an era of powerful kings and ministers, Kuldhara was home to the Paliwal Brahmins.
- It had been during this point that Salim Singh (or as people say ‘Zalim Singh’), the Diwan of Jaisalmer, known for his decadence and immoral tax-collecting methods, set his eyes on the gorgeous daughter of the village chief.
- The Diwan was absolutely hell-bent on having the girl and he told the villagers if they came in his way, he would levy huge taxes on them.Fearing the wrath of the Diwan and therefore the possibility of paying enormous sums of taxes, the inhabitants of the whole village fled one dark night, leaving their homes and everything within them.
- Kuldhara was abandoned by its very own people. Nobody witnessed the mass relocation of the thousand-odd members of the village. For generations now, nobody knows where the Paliwals have resettled. All that is understood is that they cursed the town once they left – that nobody would ever be ready to calm down in Kuldhara again. And people who tried, would die a gruesome death.And that curse stays true till date because the town is barren and uninhabited.
- A little temple located within the center of the village, has small niches in its walls, which indicates its use for holding tiny little lamps. The homes are within the same condition as they were left behind by their inhabitants.
- As soon because the sun starts setting across the sand dunes, the gates of Kuldhara are closed by the locals of the neighbouring villages. They believe the ghosts of Kuldhara still haunt the place.
Now,Kuldhara is a desolate place with a forlorn look and bring sadness to the heart when one thinks of those unfortunate people who were forced to leave the land of their forefathers. However, the place doesn’t seem to be spooky for any reason other than the legends themselves, and for our own perception based on those stories. Though there is sadness in the air, there is hopefully nothing cursed about it.
References & Post Credit :
Published Date :February 12, 2021 @ 8:14 am